room block pirates!
Unofficial housing companies use various tactics to woo meeting attendees to book outside the official room block, which can result in VDF being required to pay costly attrition fees! Sham housing companies that contact attendees and exhibitors after meeting registration opens with fraudulent offerings of hotels rooms (sometimes at rates discounted from what’s posted on the meeting’s official website), requests for credit card information for previously made reservations, or pushes to book through them immediately. Typically the company claims that the meeting’s room block is nearly sold out but they can get the attendee a good rate at an overflow hotel or one outside the room block. These pirated rooms usually come with a large cancellation fee, so even if the attendee or exhibitor figures it out—or the association becomes aware of the scam—it can be too little, too late. VDF will let you know via the website if the room block is full and we will list alternative options for hotel reservations at that time.
The 2014 VDF will be held at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis.
(All VDF-specific events and presentations will take place at the Marriott.
VDF attendee registration will open in May 2014.)
Group rate: $159++ (single/double)
Reservations within the group block include:
~ Complimentary in-room internet access
~ 25% discount on parking
~ Complimentary fitness center access
Online reservation instructions:
Note: Reservations for three days pre- and post-Forum at the group rate are based upon availability. Please be aware that if you include these additional days in your reservation and they are sold out, it may appear that all the dates (including the
Forum dates) are sold out. This is likely not the case so please contact our office
and we will work with the hotel to resolve the issue.
- Reservations must be received on or before October 20, 2014 in order to secure the group rate (based on availability). We recommend attendees make their reservations early to ensure lodging at the host hotel.
- Follow this link to make reservations online: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/vdf2014
- Select "Guest" from the drop-down menu and then enter the dates you wish to reserve and the number of guests.
- You will have the option to select a room type through the reservation process, (e.g. deluxe [group rate of $159], city view [$179], or concierge [$199]). If you select city view or concierge, your room will still be within the VDF group block, but you will be charged the higher rate.
When making reservations by telephone, follow these instructions:
- This is a dedicated Group Reservations phone number for all Marriotts, therefore be sure you specify the following:
Hotel name: “Atlanta Marriott Marquis ”
Group name: “VDF” and/or “Veterinary Dental Forum”
Dates requested: If you are requesting thegroup discounted rate for dates prior to November 12th or after November 16th, you may be transferred to the local property to evaluate availability.
If you are unable to book your rooms via the online registration or by telephone, after attempting both options, please email us at contact@VeterinaryDentalForum.com. Frequently availability can be ‘shuffled’ at the hotel to open up options.
Please note that our new group management will be working diligently over the next couple years to expand the block as needed to try to accommodate as many VDF attendees in-house as possible. Due to our exponential growth over the past three years, estimating attendance is difficult. Should the hotel become sold out we will evaluate all options on the table and report results on this website. Thank you for your patience.
- Valet parking, fee: 32 USD daily
- Off-site parking, fee: 4 USD hourly, 20 USD daily
- Valet hourly rates up to 6 hours, then daily rate applies. $36/day for oversized vehicles (No Buses / Rv's / Dualies).
202 Courtland Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
303 Courtland Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Enjoy local savings with the Atlanta 'Savings in the City' card! Discounts offered for entertainment, dining and much more from November 8-20, 2014! Just visit the link and print your card!
Card and attendee/exhibitor name badge are required for most discounts.